The Huawei E397 modem comes with Huawei Connection Manager software which you’ll need to install on your computer. The procedure for installing the management program depends on the operating system (OS) installed on your PC. Let’s take Windows XP for example.
1Connecting the USB Stick to a PC
Plug the E397 USB Stick into the USB port of your PC.
2Installing the USB Stick Management Program
1. Connect the USB Stick with the PC.
2. The OS automatically detects and recognizes the new hardware and starts the installation wizard.
If the auto-run program does not respond, find the AutoRun.exe file in the driver path. Then double-click AutoRun.exe to run the program.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions of the installation wizard.
4. After the program is installed, a shortcut icon for the management program appears on the desktop.
3Starting the Management Program
After being installed, the management program starts automatically. Then every time the USB Stick is connected to the PC, the management program starts automatically.
You can also double-click the shortcut icon on the desktop to start the management program.
4Removing the USB Stick
1. Double-click in the notification area. Then the Unplug or Eject Hardware dialog box appears.
2. Select the corresponding hardware and then click Stop.
3. When the message “It is safe to remove the device” appears, remove the USB Stick.
5Uninstalling the Management Program
1. Choose Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs.
2. Find the management program and click Remove to uninstall the management program.
Exit the management program before uninstalling the 4G LTE modem.
For increasing signal strength, you could buy an Huawei E392 4G external antenna