At the last tutorial, we have showed you how to configure the wireless WAN profile, now at this tutorial we will show you the steps to set the wireline profile for your Huawei B880 LTE router. Before setting up an Internet connection, set the Internet connection parameters as required.
1 Create a New Wireline WAN profile
- Click Settings > Dial-up > Wireline WAN Profile.
- Click New Profile, enter the profile name in Profile name.
- From Connection type, select a connection type.
*** IP_Route(IP): If your network service provider does not provides you the dial-up username and password, please choose this connection type.
*** IP_Route(PPP): If your network service provider provides you the dial-up username and password, please choose this connection type.
- From Connection mode, select a connection mode.
- * Auto: The Huawei B880 4G Wireless Gateway connects to the Internet automatically when once functioned on.
- * Manual: The Huawei B880 connects to the Internet after you click Connect from the Connection page.
- * On demand: The Huawei B880 4G LTE CPE automatically connects to the Internet when data transmission exists. The Huawei B880 disconnects from the Internet automatically if the period during which no data is transmitted exceeds Max. idle time (s).
Max. idle time (s): This specifies the longest idle period for the Internet connection. In Auto mode, the Huawei B880 router disconnects from the Internet automatically if no data is transmitted during this specified period.
- From IP type, select a IP type.
Only if your service provider provides IPv6 service, you can select IPv6. Otherwise, you may not connect to the Internet.
If you select IPv6 or IPv4+IPv6, you can configure IPv6 addressing type to define the IP address routing mode.
- If you choose IP_Route(PPP) in Connection type, enter User name and Password.
To obtain User name and Password, contact your service provider.
If you choose IP_Route(PPP) in Connection type, select a authentication mode in Authentication mode. If you do not know which mode to choose, you can select Auto
- Click Save.
2Modify a wireless WAN profile
From Profile name, select the profile to modify. Click Edit to modify the WAN profile settings. And click Save.
2Delete a wireless WAN profile
From Profile name, select the profile to delete. And click Delete.
If you want to know how to configure a wireless WAN profile,
please click the link here.