Live Parental Control is a content filtering solution to help you protect your Wi-Fi connectors from accessing adult web content, gaming, social networking, or possible phishing sites while using Netgear router. This feature is supported by Netgear Nighthawk M1 MR1100 router. By using this feature with your M1, you can block inappropriate and dangerous sites, restrict access by time, and at the same time protect every device on your home network against adware.
This article will show you how to setup Parental Controls for your Nighthawk M1 router. The first time that you select Parental Controls, your browser goes to the Live Parental Controls website, where you can learn more about parental controls and download the application.
1. From a computer that is connected to your network, launch a web browser.
2. Enter http://m.home or http://192.168.1.1. And input the administrator login password (the password is case-sensitive).
3. Select SETTINGS > Security > Parental Controls.
4. Select the Enable check box.
Because Live Parental Controls uses free OpenDNS accounts, you must log in or create a free account.
5. Log in to your OpenDNS account:
• If you already own an OpenDNS account, log in to your account.
• If you do not own an OpenDNS account, click the Sign Up link to create a new account a log in.
6. Select a filtering level.
7. To create a list of unrestricted devices, do the following:
a. In the Unrestricted Devices section, click the ADD button.
b. Select the device. The device is added to the list.
8. Click the Apply button and your settings are saved.
After you set up and enable parental controls, you can change the web filtering level for each device on the network through the network map page on the genie app.