The mobile router Netgear Nighthawk M1 MR1100 has the feature of access control which allows users to use access control to set up a list of devices to be blocked from accessing the mobile router or to be allowed access.
Here are the steps to use access control to block or allow access to M1’s network. You could configure from the NETGEAR Mobile App or from Web browser.
Set Up Access Control From the NETGEAR Mobile App
1. Launch the NETGEAR Mobile app.
2. Tap Devices.
3. Tap Block List or Allow List.
Depending on your selection, the page displays an Allow List or a Block List.
4. To turn blocking on or off, tap the Block all in list slider.
5. To turn an allow list on or off, tap the Allow only in list slider.
6. To add a device to the list, tap + and select the device. Then the device is added to the list.
7. To remove a device from the list, select the device and then tap the trash can.
The device is removed from the list.
Set Up Access Control From a Web Browser
1. From a computer that is connected to your network, launch a web browser.
2. Enter http://m.home or http://192.168.1.1.
3. Enter the administrator login password.
4. Select SETTINGS > Security > Access Control.
5. Select the Enable check box.
You must select this check box before you can specify an access rule and use the Allow and Block buttons. When this check box is cleared, all devices are allowed to connect, even if a device is in the blocked list.
6. In the Filter Type menu, select Allow List or Block List.
7. To add a device to the list, click the ADD button and select the device.
Then the device is added to the list.
8. To remove a device from the list, select the device and then click the DELETE button.
Then the device is removed from the list.