How to Configure Huawei E5172 Dynamic Routing and Static Routing
Huawei E5172 Dynamic Routing Configuration
This dynamic routing function of E5172 Huawei router is enabled when cascaded routers are used on the LAN and the cascaded routers comply with the Routing Information Protocol (RIP). Steps to configure dynamic routing settings:
1. Choose LAN > Dynamic Routing.
The Dynamic Routing page is displayed.
2. Select the Enable check box next to RIP.
3. Set Operation. If it is set to Active, the CPE actively makes route changes and notifies surrounding routers of the changes. If it is set to Passive, the CPE does not make route changes until it is notified.
4. Set Version to RIP v1, RIP v2, or RIP v1/RIP v2.
5. Click Submit to complete the settings.
Huawei E5172 Static Routing Setting
If cascaded routers are used on the LAN, add static routing rules to ensure that the E5172 LTE devices connected to the cascaded routers can be accessed. Static routing is similar to dynamic routing. However, manual configuration is required and the router must always be available.If the IP address of the cascaded router is fixed, static routing is recommended.
If the IP address of the cascaded router is changeable, dynamic routing is recommended.
To configure E5172 router static routing settings:
1. Choose LAN > Static Routing.
The Static Routing page is displayed.
2. Click Add in the upper right corner of the Static Routing page.
3. Set Destination IP address.
4. Set Subnet mask.
5. Set Router IP address. This IP address is obtained from the CPE and used for data transmission to the cascading devices. This IP address must be reachable.
6. Click Submit.
comments powered by Disqus