Huawei E589 - Switch Network Among 2G, 3G, and 4G LTE
If you live somewhere without 4G LTE network coverage or you live in a bad coverage zone, the battery of your Huawei E589 mini WiFi is just being used up by the bad network coverage. Besides the battery consuming factor, it would cause an unreliable internet connection for your E589. Because, by default the Huawei E589 is configured to automatically connect to the fastest available network. If the network is unavailable, it will search network type continuously.
So, it would be necessary to switch the mobile network from 4G LTE to 3G or 2G to conserve the battery and estable a stable mobile speed for your E589 mobile wifi. Here are the steps to show you how to do the switch work.
Benifits of Switch the mobile network manually1) Conserve E589 battery power. 4G is infamous for heavy power consumption
2) In some locations the older mobile data technology may actually be faster than the thoeretical fastest.
3) Conserve the E589's battery runtime.
Steps to Switch 4G LTE, 3G, and 2G with E589
1) Open a web browser and go to the address http://192.168.1.1 and login as admin.
2) Select Settings > Dial-up > Network Settings
3) In the main window, select Preferred Mode from the dropdown box under Network
4) Select preferred network type 'Only 2G', 'Only 3G' or 'Only 4G' and press Apply
Note: The 'Auto' setting will enable the device to automatically switch between network types.
After this, you have switched the mobile network successfully for your Huawei E589u LTE router. It is easy, isn't it?
comments powered by Disqus